Sunday 6 December 2015

Twist on a Christmas Dessert.......... Stollen Bread and Butter Pudding


What a fab day we had at the Winter Wonderland. We stopped off for lunch just outside Tamworth at a lovely garden centre. We then headed for the Snow dome. The girls loved it....... well actually we all loved it. We headed back to Laura's for tea. She had prepared a Winter meatloaf that was delicious. We opened a bottle, sat in the kitchen chatting and listening to a bit of Micheal Buble Christmas songs..... it doesn't get much better than this! 
Ok it was my turn to finish off the day with dessert. As you are all aware I had an attempt at making Stollen. The recipe I used produced a huge loaf so I sliced it in half and took it with me to the Reaney's. I don't think everyone was expecting much from dessert! I sliced up the Stollen and layered it into a dish. I made a quick custard and poured over the slices. I left it to soak for 30 mins and baked in the oven for 40 mins. 
It was delicious and a lovely taste of Christmas. I thought it would make a good alternative to Christmas pudding as its a bit lighter. Serve with a drizzle of cream.

Enjoy

Louise x 

Ingredients

- slices of Stollen ( I made my own but after taking 4 hours to make I would buy it)
- 2 eggs
- 25g sugar
- 50 ml of Double Cream
- 350 ml of Whole Milk 

Method

- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Slice the stollen and place into a casserole dish
- Beat the 2 eggs and mix in the sugar
- Whip until pale
- Warm the milk and cream in a pan - hot but not boiling. 
- Pour the milk and cream mix over the egg mix and mix together. 
- Pour the egg mix over the stollen slices
- Leave to soak for 30 mins
- Place into the oven and bake for 40-45 mins until the egg has set. 
- Serve with a drizzle of cream

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...