Thursday 3 November 2016

Entertaining on Bonfire Night?

Today I've felt pretty down and I knew I needed to do something positive to cheer me up so guess what? I'm writing a quick blog!  Doing what I love best.



It's bonfire night this weekend and I must admit I do love having people round and cooking some nice food, a few fireworks and some sparklers for the little ones. I like to keep the menu fairly simple on bonfire night. On a night like this you don't want to be spending hours in the kitchen, this is when your slow cooker can also come in handy!

Unfortunately poor Louise is in hospital at the moment and so I've lost my partner in crime to talk recipes this weekend! She better hurry up and make a speedy recovery because I'm itching to talk about Christmas already!

If you're entertaining this Saturday then here are a few of my own ideas I'd like to share with you:

Oven baked jacket potatoes topped with your favourite filling
Slow cooked pulled pork which you can then serve with jacket potatoes or in wraps
Chilli con carne
Toad in the hole
A thick hearty homemade soup with lots of fresh crusty bread
Glazed hotdogs with red onion chutney
Homemade crispy sweet potato fries

Have a fabulous bonfire party everyone!

x



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...