Saturday 19 December 2015

Preparing to over indulge at Christmas? Here's a healthy but tasty lunch....... Broccoli and Ricotta Soup

I'm already feeling the additional pounds that I will be putting on at Christmas by just thinking of Christmas food. I haven't even started indulging yet! Thought I would give my body a healthy boost today ahead of the 'Mummy's Christmas night out'.......

Hoping this will line my stomach for later - he he

Enjoy 

Louise x



Broccoli and Ricotta Soup...... so easy to make. This is taken from a Jamie Oliver Recipe.

Ingredients

- 2 Celery sticks
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed (or a shake of the frozen chopped garlic I use)
- 400g Broccoli (I use organic)
- 1 litre of Chicken stock or if you are making this vegetarian then use vegetable stock
- Ricotta to serve
- Salt and Pepper to taste

Method

- Chop the celery sticks up (doesn't matter what shape or size)
- Fry in a little oil
- Add the crushed garlic
- Cook for 5-8 mins
- Add the broccoli chopped up
- Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8-10 mins until the broccoli is soft
- Remove from the heat - be careful with the next step as the soup will be hot. 
- Whiz up with a hand held mixer or put into a liquidiser and mix until smooth. 
- If eating straight away pour into a bowl and add a blob of ricotta in the centre.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...