Thursday 20 April 2017

Gastronamis update



It is with deep sadness and pain in my heart that I am writing this first blog alone. As most of you know my dear friend Louise recently lost her battle to cancer and passed away peacefully with her husband and family around her.  Louise spent just over 3 years fighting the horrible disease and I am so incredibly proud of her.  

I had the pleasure of 26 truly amazing and extraordinary years of friendship and I will never forget any of it.  I learnt so much from Louise. She inspired me, gave me confidence and made me believe in myself, and of course she made me find a passion for cooking. We were so excited when we set the blog up in November 2015, not realising that so many people would be interested in it. Over the last year as Louise’s health deteriorated she made me promise I would never give up on Gastronamis. She reduced me to tears when she told me that she had wanted to set it up so I had my own little project for the future when she had gone and it would never make me forget her. She never wanted me to lose that passion for cooking and she told me it was something I could focus on. That’s the kind of thoughtful caring person she was.

Over the last month I can honestly say I’ve had no desire to be in the kitchen whatsoever. I thought my complete love for cooking and the blog had disappeared forever and that made me sad. I kept saying to myself “is that what Louise would want?” “What would she say if she knew I felt like this?” I knew the answer straightaway............ she would be really mad with me, disappointed in me and tell me to get a grip!  So this is exactly why I’m here now and writing this blog. I’m back on it with Gastronamis, with cooking, with getting dates in my diary for dinner parties, and of course trying to see if I can take Gastronamis to a new level and make Louise proud.

Big announcement later – watch this space!

x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...