Monday 24 April 2017

Monday's made easy!

Just another short blog ....... I know, Gastronamis is going a little crazy at the moment isn't it?! One things for sure it's keeping my mind busy which isn't a bad thing, and I am of course putting my energy into something I love and something I know Louise would be really pleased I'm doing.  I think cooking and blogging really are like therapy for me!

Not much food in our house this evening and if I'm honest Monday's aren't particularly my favourite day for cooking. Tonight I made a really quick sausage pasta bake. Literally took me no time at all to prepare and something good for the kids as well.


Ingredients:
Sausages (I used low fat ones)
Onion
Garlic
Red pepper
Passata 400g
Few splashes of balsamic vinegar
Whole wheat pasta
Red chilli (optional if you wanted to add a slight kick to it)

Method:
- Cook the pasta
- Grill or oven the sausages until they are cooked through
- In a frying pan heat a small amount of oil and fry the onion, pepper and garlic
-Add in the passata and balsamic vinegar and heat through
Once the pasta is cooked add to the sauce. Chop the sausages into quarters and also add to the pasta and stir well.  Put everything into an ovenproof dish, pop in the oven for a few more minutes then you're good to go and serve. 

Enjoy!

Laura



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...