Sunday 20 December 2015

My Christmas day menu .........

Christmas lunch with all the family is one of my favourite days of the year.  I'm not saying its the easiest meal to prepare but to me it's certainly worth the effort.  

I'm extra excited about cooking this year and having everyone round because I'm doing it all in my nice new kitchen!

I've opted for canapés again rather than a starter. I did this last year and it worked really well. Nibbles and drinks spread over a few hours before sitting down for the main course ........ perfect! 

Take a look at my menu:

Canapés 
Smoked salmon and cream cheese pinwheels
Beetroot and goats cheese bruschetta
Creamy chicken vol au vents

(They all sound hard to do but they really aren't and you could prep some of it the day before).

Main
Roast turkey (I always order a turkey crown from my local butcher -  Reads Butchers on Chatsworth Road, means more meat and less mess)
Roast potatoes & parsnips
Mashed potato
Red cabbage with sultanas
Pan fried sprouts with bacon lardons
Chantenay carrots
Pigs in blankets
Homemade stuffing

Dessert
After eating all that there isn't much room left, so I've chosen something light which I spotted in Jamie Oliver's Christmas magazine last year! An Orange & Lemon Posset with a shortbread biscuit on the side to dip in!

If anyone else is taking on chef role and wants any help with finalising their menu or the recipes from my menu just give me a shout.

Merry Christmas everyone and keep an eye out for what we've got on the menu during our new year break away with the Mal's! :)

X











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...