Monday 23 November 2015

It's beginning to feel abit like Christmas ........

It's official, I'm starting to feel a tiny bit christmassy now, must be the cold weather!

I love going out as a family on a Sunday so don't have that much time to cook when I get back. Yesterday I wanted to try something a little bit different and that wasn't going to take too long to do.

I came across a recipe in a food magazine I recently bought 'venison sausage casserole with chestnuts'. It was sooooo tasty and something I'd definitely cook again. Easy as well. I had loads of carrots left in my fridge so just added those in as well. 



A great dish for getting you into the Christmas foodie mood!

Serves 4

Ingredients: 

Olive oil
8 venison sausages 
2 onions thinly sliced
3 celery sticks thinly sliced
2 carrots chopped up
200g chestnut mushrooms (halved and quartered)
1/2 pint red wine
Beef stock cube
180g cooked chestnuts
2tbsp tomato purée
Bay leaf
2 tbsp cornflour

Method:

Heat some olive in a large frying pan and fry the sausages. 
Cook until browned then transfer into a casserole dish.
Next fry the onions, celery and carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes and transfer into the casserole dish.
Cook the mushrooms in a little more olive oil for 5 minutes and mix into the casserole dish. Pour in the wine, 250ml of beef stock and the cooked chestnuts, tomato puree and bay leaf and mix everything together. I then cooked in the oven for about half an hour at 180c. About 10 mins before the end I mixed 2 tbsp of cornflour with a bit of water and mixed it into the casserole just to thicken it up. 

I served with mash potato. 

Enjoy.
Laura x





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...