Wednesday 25 November 2015

Absolute favourite Veggie Meal - Harissa Bake with Feta and Pine Nuts

I’m going to share with you now one of my absolute favourite vegetarian dishes ( but it can also work well with the addition of chicken, chorizo or pork). I came up with this during my ‘I’m now a vegetarian stage’ of my life. I wanted to create something that was healthy but most importantly tasty if I was going to get Chris to buy into the whole vegetarian eating. Its so easy to make, its ideal as a mid week meal. i've cooked this for Chris before and several of my friends. I’ve just made this after completing day 7 of radiotherapy. So if I can do this then anyone can. I use all organic vegetables and meat where I can but you don’t have to.

Enjoy

Louise x



Ingredients for serves 4
2 onions – diced
Approx 8 chestnut mushrooms
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
1 200g carton of chic peas
Half courgette
1 x tins of chopped tomatoes
1x 90g jar of Harissa paste (you could make your own but this is quicker and just as tasty)
Feta Cheese  - approx. 100-150g
Pine nuts

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C - fan
2. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a canhhsserole dish.
3. Add onion and coat in the oil. 
4. Place in the preheated oven for 5 mins.
5. Add the peppers (chicken if you are using it) and coat in the oil.
6. Put back into the oven and bake for a further 10 mins.
7. Turn down the oven to 180°C. Add the sliced mushrooms, 2 tins of chopped     tomatoes and the jar of harissa paste. Season with salt and pepper. Add ½ tsp of smoked paprika. Stir altogether. 
8. Place in the oven and bake for 15 - 20 mins until veg is soft. 
9. Add the sliced courgettes and bake for a further 5 mins.
10. Turn on the grill
11. Crumble feta cheese across the surface and sprinkle with pine nuts.
12. Place the casserole dish under the grill for approx. 5 mins until the feta and pine nuts have browned. (this can be done in the oven if you don’t want to use the grill)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...