Sunday 15 January 2017

Sundays!



What a perfect time to write a quick blog sat in the rugby clubhouse, drinking coffee and watching all the poor boys and girls get really wet in the rain! Me, well I’m sat here with my laptop supposedly meant to be doing the online food shop but slight change of thought!

For me Sundays are meant for just spending time with the family, at home just playing board games, painting pictures and just doing all those things you never really get time to do during the week.  Sundays in the winter months are also made for cooking a good old traditional roast dinner. I definitely think it’s important to get children involved in cooking and getting them to help you prepare a roast dinner is the perfect way to do this. Alice loves peeling the potatoes, cutting up carrots and her thing at the moment is laying the table!

I popped up to Adams Happy Hens yesterday (my favourite little place for eggs and vegetables) and was pleasantly surprised when I opened the freezer to find they did joints of buffalo meat.  It’s nice to try a little something different on a Sunday! I have to confess……. I've had to tell Alice we’re having Roast Beef , just the word Buffalo on your plate is enough to cause meal time mayhem with a 5 year old!
What’s everyone else having today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...